Loaded Baked Potato Soup 360 Calories
As usual, my cravings lead to my choices for this weeks meal prep! I’ve been craving a loaded baked potato for a few weeks but I didn’t have an opportunity to have one of course. So, for this weeks meal prep, I made Loaded Baked Potato Soup!
This recipe was super simple, and actually lower calorie than I thought considering allllll the BACON I used to make it! It works out to being only 360 calories for nearly 2 cups of soup and toppings! If you’re craving a nice steak-house baked potato with all the fixings like I was, this will hit the spot.
Let me know in the comments below what you’ve been craving and how you’ve managed to satisfy it without going off track.
- Quinoa Corn Salad with Feta
- Moroccan Chicken Stew
- Breakfast English Muffin Sandwiches
- Mulligatawny Soup
- Pork Shoulder Roast with Spanish Rice
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 lbs russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium. Add in the 4 pieces of bacon. cook, turning often, about 5 minutes until crisp. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add onion and cook about 3 minutes until soft. Add diced potatoes, broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- While the soup is cooking, in a frying pan cook the rest of the bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. set aside to cool. when cool crubmle and set aside with the rest of your toppings.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to carefully puree the soup. Add sour cream, cheese a pepper. Taste before adding any salt. Use the immersion blender or a wisk to blend in the soure cream and cheese.
- Portion the soup into 10 containers and top each one with crumbled bacon, sliced green onion and shredded cheddar (about 2 tbsp) Alternativly, if you prefer your bacon to stay crispy, divide your toppings into zplock baggies to top you soup after you heat it up!
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 10 servings
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 360
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 37.8mg
- Sodium: 292mg
- Carbohydrates: 46.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Protein: 16.5g