Almond & Coconut Energy Bites
Almond & Coconut Energy Bites: Meal Prep Snacks
A few posts ago I talked about the trouble I’d been having with snacking and I said I would be working on a few different meal prep snack ideas to help with that. This is the first one on my list, Almond & Coconut Energy Bites! Originally, I made these for Ryan to give him a boost while he’s on long bike rides. After I worked out the calories and tried them myself I realized they would be perfect for me and the kids, too. You can make a batch of 28 Almond & Coconut Energy Bites with this recipe. Keep them in the freezer and just take them out a few minutes before you want to eat them. Each one is 84 calories but they would be easy to adjust by switching up the ingredients.
More Meal Prep Snack Ideas
If you need some more ideas, some other great easy snacks you can make ahead of time are:
- cut carrots, cucumber, and hummus
- sliced cheese, ham, spinach roll ups -In a tortilla and sliced or without if you need lower calories
- peanut butter and apple slices – I don’t cut the apple until it’s time to eat but if you can’t do that toss the apple slices with a little lemon juice. Then, put in a zip lock bag and squeeze out all the air. that will last until lunch time.
- crackers, cheese, pickles, olives, and grapes – This is my favorite late night snack if I have a few extra calories to eat up. I love to make a little snack plate with a just few of each thing to nibble on!
- hard boiled eggs
- nuts (unsalted)
- berries and yogurt
- mashed avocado on toast – There are so many ways you can do this one. Add a little cilantro, finely chopped onion, and some lime juice and it’s basically guacamole! Yum!