Almond Coconut Energy Bites
Almond & Coconut Energy Bites: Meal Prep Snacks
A few posts ago I talked about the trouble I’d been having with snacking and I said I would be working on a few different meal prep snack ideas to help with that. This is the first one on my list, Almond & Coconut Energy Bites! Originally, I made these for Ryan to give him a boost while he’s on long bike rides. After I worked out the calories and tried them myself I realized they would be perfect for me and the kids, too. You can make a batch of 28 Almond & Coconut Energy Bites with this recipe. Keep them in the freezer and just take them out a few minutes before you want to eat them. Each one is 84 calories but they would be easy to adjust by switching up the ingredients.
More Meal Prep Snack Ideas
If you need some more ideas, some other great easy snacks you can make ahead of time are:
- cut carrots, cucumber, and hummus
- sliced cheese, ham, spinach roll-ups -In a tortilla and sliced or without if you need lower calories
- peanut butter and apple slices – I don’t cut the apple until it’s time to eat but if you can’t do that toss the apple slices with a little lemon juice. Then, put in a ziplock bag and squeeze out all the air. that will last until lunchtime.
- crackers, cheese, pickles, olives, and grapes – This is my favorite late night snack if I have a few extra calories to eat up. I love to make a little snack plate with a just few of each thing to nibble on!
- hard boiled eggs
- nuts (unsalted)
- berries and yogurt
- mashed avocado on toast – There are so many ways you can do this one. Add a little cilantro, finely chopped onion, and some lime juice and it’s basically guacamole! Yum!
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below. Have you tried any energy bite recipes in the past? What are your favorite snacks that help keep you on track?
- Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Blackened Chicken
- 10 Must-Have Meal Prepping Tools
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss – Can meal prepping really help you lose weight?
- Easy Snack Box Meal Prep
- Italian Couscous Salad Meal Prep
Almond & Coconut Energy Bites
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds a few times until they are uniformly crushed but not so much that it becomes smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl add the crushed almonds, and all other dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Mircowave the coconut oil for 10 seconds at a time until melted.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and chill the mixture in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour, remove from the fridge. Roll the mixture into balls using about 2 tbsp of the mixture for each, making about 28 bites.
- Place them into a dish and freeze for about an hour before moving them into a ziplock bag so they don't stick together.
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 28 Almond-Coconut Energy Bites
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 84
- Total Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 12.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Protein: 2.4g