Egg Roll Stir-Fry and Quinoa
This week I made egg roll stir-fry and you can find the recipe at the end of the post! I’ve been having a tough time staying on track since Easter weekend. We have a Costco sized bag of chocolate foil wrapped eggs slowly torturing me every day. It’s perched on a cabinet in the kitchen, I walk by and grab 4 and stand in the kitchen to eat them so I don’t have to share with the kids. It’s good times. I try to add them in My Fitness Pal but I lose track of them by the time I do it.
I have been meal prepping consistently, my meals are definitely not the problem, it’s mostly the snacking! I just find when I have tough weekends it rolls into the week ahead and I find myself craving salt and sugar between meals. In the next few weeks, I will share how I am controlling my snacking and what I reach for instead. I have a few ideas floating around for some snack recipes that I will share when they’re ready.
Also, I have had some trouble with eating out so I will be exploring ways to navigate that soon. Since Easter, it seems like every weekend has been some sort unavoidable restaurant meal. Celebratory drinks with a friend, a wedding, and then the kids being away so we wanted to try a new local restaurant. Paired with the snacking, it’s really set me back lately.
I’m creating a plan to get back on track. I have less than 30 lbs to my goal, I will get there! I haven’t been very active up to this point, I’m working on a light fitness routine for myself. Mostly I will be using videos from YouTube that I can squeeze in while my kids take a nap, but it’s better than nothing! As for the chocolate, I’m going to have my husband hide it!
Do you have any tricks that help keep you on track when you’re struggling? What helps when you’re feeling unfocused?
Thanks for reading and now onto the egg roll stir-fry recipe.
- 10 Must-Have Meal Prepping Tools
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss – Can meal prepping really help you lose weight?
- Easy Snack Box Meal Prep
- Italian Couscous Salad Meal Prep
- Healthy Cobb Salad
Egg Roll Stir-Fry and Quinoa
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey you can use any ground meat you like
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 397g bag shredded cabbage i used Dole Colourful Coleslaw
- 4 green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- prepare the quinoa as per the packages instructions
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the vegetable oil and brown the ground turkey, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, shredded cabbage and green onion and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir fry until the cabbage and carrots are tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Portion the food into 6 containers. About 1/2 cup of quinoa each and 1 cup of the stirfry into each container.
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 6 Servings 1/2 cup quinoa, 1 cup stir fry
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 357
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Sodium: 1445.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 33.5g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Protein: 43.1g