Healthy Beef Stew Recipe – 380 calories
Healthy Beef Stew Recipe – 380 caloriesJump to Recipe
Another Fall recipe here for anyone else who is ready for cooler weather! My healthy beef stew recipe is really easy and absolutely delicious. Its a really filling, hearty stew that will keep you full so its perfect for weight loss and dinner time to keep your late-night snacking in check.
I really like doing soups and stews for meal prep since it is really easy to portion out at the end of cooking. Just use a measuring cup and divide it into containers, easy peasy! Plus, this will keep well in the fridge and freezer so you dont have to worry about eating it all quickly, although you will because its DE-LIC-IOUS!
I have many other soup recipes if this one isn’t what you’re after but I highly suggest you try out my healthy beef stew recipe and let me know what you think!
WANT MY FREE MEAL PREP ESSENTIALS LIST AND GROCERY SHOPPING WORKSHEET PRINTABLES? CLICK HERE!
- Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Blackened Chicken
- 10 Must-Have Meal Prepping Tools
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss – Can meal prepping really help you lose weight?
- Easy Snack Box Meal Prep
- Italian Couscous Salad Meal Prep
Healthy Beef Stew Recipe - 380 calories
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 4 lbs beef chuck roast cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion large chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots large sliced into coins
- 2 lbs baby potatoes cut in quarters
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 cups beef broth - low sodium
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lbs green beans trimmed and halved
- in a ziplock bag add flour, salt and pepper and the cubed beef. Seal the bag and shake the bag to coat the beef in the flour mixture.
- In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil and allow to heat. In batches, add the coated beef so as not to crowd the pot and brown on all sides. Remove the browned beef cubes to a bowl and add the next batch. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the onion and garlic and cook through about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add back the beef, beef broth, celery, carrots, potatoes, tomato paste and the herbs. Bring the stew to a boil and then reduce to low and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the green beans and taste to add more salt or herbs. Allow to simmer for 5 more minutes. Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 10 servings
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 380
- Total Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7.0g
- Cholesterol: 85.3mg
- Sodium: 334.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Protein: 42.5g