Healthy Cobb Salad
Healthy Cobb Salad Recipe – Meal PrepJump to Recipe
Who doesn’t love Cobb Salad? I love how its a little bit different everywhere you have it and anyone you ask has a different idea of the best one. This healthy Cobb salad recipe is what I would consider a perfect Cobb salad for meal prep. I can easily eat this all week and I will be sad when I run out at the end of the week!
This amazingly tasty salad is so great for meal prep as it is so I didn’t have to make many changes for it to store in the fridge happily. The only thing I had to omit was avocado. I was sad about that at first and thought I might add it in at serving time but honestly, I don’t think this salad needs it! Nixing the avocado brings the calories down a little so I just left it out.
When I add the dressing, it mixes with the blue cheese in the salad. It makes a wonderfully creamy, zingy dressing. The honey mustard combines so well with the blue cheese and man, it can’t be beat! The radish was also a great addition, it has a little edge so you get a little of that with every bite, It’s just perfect!
Healthy Cobb Salad Recipe Variations
This salad recipe is super easy to customize. You can add or omit pretty much anything you feel like!
- Swap out the romaine for butter lettuce, mixed greens or iceberg if you prefer.
- Try out different dressings like Italian dressing in a pinch or simply oil and vinegar
- Different marinades for the chicken like balsamic vinegar
- Try grilling the chicken
- swap out the blue cheese for shredded cheddar, goat cheese or feta
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and show me your results on INSTAGRAM with #MEALPREPWITHMERECIPES and tag @MEALPREP.WITHME
WANT MY FREE MEAL PREP ESSENTIALS LIST AND GROCERY SHOPPING WORKSHEET PRINTABLES? CLICK HERE!
HOW ABOUT NEW RECIPES SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX? SIGN UP FOR THE MEALPREPWITHME.COM MONTHLY NEWSLETTER HERE.
Healthy Cobb Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 eggs
- 5 bacon
- 5 oz blue cheese crumbled (sub for other cheese if you like)
- 1 head romaine chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- 1 bunch green onion sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes whole
- 1 bunch radishes (about 6) sliced thin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large zip top bag place the chicken breast and all the marinade ingredients. Seal the bag and squish the bag around to combine the ingredients. Allow the chicken to marinate for 6 hours or over night.
- Next hard boil your eggs. Fill a small pot with water, add the eggs and bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling turn the heat off and add a lid to the pot. Allow the eggs to sit for 5 minutes. Remove the eggs to a bowl filled with ice water and allow them to cool completely. Once the eggs are cool, peel and chop. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Arrange the marinated chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or a little cooking spray. Bake about 25 minutes until internal temp is 165 degrees F.
- While the chicken bakes, fry your bacon over medium heat in a large frying pan turning frequently. Once the bacon is crisp, remove from the pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towel, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil. whisk to combine and then slowly add the olive oil while whisking to finish. Taste and adjust salt or vinegar to how you like it. Pour into 5 small dressing sized containers and store in the fridge. Shake before adding to your salad.
- Once the chicken is done cooking remove from the oven and cool. Once cool, chop into small pieces.
- In 5 containers arrange the romaine in the bottom of each. Next add the cucumber, green onion, tomatoes, radishes, crumbled blue cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped chicken, and chopped eggs.
- Store in fridge for 5 days and enjoy.
- Healthy Cobb Salad
- Chicken Burger Salad
- Tom Yum Gai Soup – 363 Calories
- What to eat when you are too sick to meal prep
- Meal Prep Printable Tools – Pantry Essentials and Grocery Shopping List