Lasagna Soup Recipe – 430 Calories
Lasagna Soup Recipe
Here is a great recipe I’ve been playing with for a while. Lasagna Soup is a cozy, hearty soup. It’s great for a filling meal for when you’ve had a busy active day and you need something to really comfort you. It’s quick to make and gives you the same feeling as having a plate of lasagna. Bake (or buy) a nice loaf of bread like this one I made this week and you’re all set!
An Easier Alternative To Lasagna
I love this recipe; Lasagna Soup is really simple and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. I love making a big pan of lasagna but it can be really time-consuming to make and it can end up really high calorie with all the layers of noodles and cheese. Making Lasagna Soup is a great way to lower the calories by cutting back on noodles and basically upping the sauce into a soup! If you like different things in your lasagna (everyone has their own favorite recipe) I encourage you to find a way to incorporate that into this soup! Maybe add wilted spinach and broccoli or do half sausage, half ground turkey to lower the calories further (to make room for more cheese!)
You could easily make Lasagna Soup vegetarian by swapping out the chicken broth for veggie broth and exchanging the sausage for extra veggies. Swap out the cheeses or omit them altogether and up the pasta sauce and broth to keep the portions from shrinking.
However you decide you’d like it, I hope you’ll give my recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments!
- What to eat when you are too sick to meal prep
- Meal Prep Printable Tools – Pantry Essentials and Grocery Shopping List
- Mediterranean Snack Box
- Peanut Butter Dip Snack Box
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs hot italian sausage meat loose
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or chopped
- 2 large zucchini chopped
- 2 680 ml cans garlic pasta sauce
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 6 oz lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup ricotta skim/ low fat (1 tbsp per serving)
- 3/4 cup skim mozzarella shredded (1 tbsp per serving)
- 3/4 cup light grated parmesan (1 tbsp per serving)
- Over medium-high heat, in a large pot break up and brown the sausage meat about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and zucchini and stir to combine with the sausage. Add the pasta sauce and chicken broth and allow allow the soup to come to a boil and then reduce to medium-low. simmer for another10 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Break the uncooked noodles into peices and add to the soup. Stir to combine.
- Cook the soup over medium-low for 12 minutes (or as long as the lasagna noodle package says to cook the noodles) stirring occasionally so that the noodles dont stick together or to the bottom of the pot.
- Allow the soup to cool for a bit and then portion the soup into 10 containers to cool fully.
- Top each serving with a Tbsp of each of the ricotta, shredded mozzarella, and grated parmesan.
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 10 servings
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 430
- Total Fat: 23.1g
- Saturated Fat: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 65.8mg
- Sodium: 1290mg
- Carbohydrates: 35.6g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Sugar: 10.8g
- Protein: 26.8g