Moroccan Chicken Stew
Moroccan Chicken Stew RecipeJump to Recipe
This recipe is a delicious change to a typical chicken stew or curry over rice. If you’ve never tried Moroccan food before, I think, you will be pleasantly surprised with this dish! I love the flavors in this, it’s not spicy but it has so much flavor from the cinnamon, cumin, ginger, and tomatoes.
You’ll need to bring out your blender for this one. Often, I’m lazy and will choose to skip blending ingredients when it’s called for in a recipe and just serve the dish chunky (you know, for texture :P) but I highly suggest you blend to get a nice smooth sauce. It’s totally worth the extra dishes, promise!
I really encourage you to try out my Moroccan Chicken Stew recipe and let me know what you think!
If you love my recipes and want to keep up to date please sign up for my newsletter here!
Moroccan Chicken Stew
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 inch ginger chopped
- 4 cloves garlic whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2 white onion sliced
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 carrots sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup pitted dates chopped
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups chicken stock
- In a blender add the chopped white onion, crushed tomatoes, ginger and garlic, and pulse until smooth.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat add the olive oil and add the chicken and just brown it on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Set the chicken aside on a plate.
- Add the sliced onions to the pot and saute them until tender, about 4 minutes. Next, add the salt, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon and stir until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the tomato puree mixture. Add the chicken back to the pot as well as the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat to low and cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast to a large dish and shred the chicken with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the pot and cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve over a 1/2 cup of cooked rice and enjoy!
Latest Posts on Mealprepwithme.com
- Healthy Cobb Salad
- Chicken Burger Salad
- Tom Yum Gai Soup – 363 Calories
- What to eat when you are too sick to meal prep
- Meal Prep Printable Tools – Pantry Essentials and Grocery Shopping List