Pumkpin Pie Oatmeal Recipe
Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes
I don’t normally post breakfast meal prep recipes because I always have time to cook my breakfast. I was craving oatmeal so I came up with an easy make ahead recipe for Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.
I love breakfast food, I could eat it for every meal of the day and be happy! I decided going forward I am going to be prepping breakfast as well as two lunch/dinner recipes each week. I have some great breakfast ideas coming up that I will share with you guys soon. Keep an eye out on my Instagram stories on Sunday nights/ Mondays when I do my meal prep. I am always posting updates!
Meal Prep Oatmeal Variations
This recipe is pumpkin pie flavored but you can easily change up the flavors to make whatever you feel like! Just use oats, water, egg whites, milk (cow, almond, coconut, whatever!) some kind of sweetener (maple syrup, stevia, agave, sugar, honey, etc.) and then add your flavorings:
- chopped apple, pecans, cinnamon
- chopped pineapple, lime juice, shredded unsweetened coconut
- slivered almonds, dried cranberries, vanilla
- mashed banana, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips
- blueberries, slivered almonds, cinnamon
- sliced strawberries, mashed banana, chopped kiwi
So many choices! If there is a dessert you’ve been craving, a great option is to try to incorporate the base flavors into oatmeal for breakfast or a snack.
Give this super easy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
What are your favorite oatmeal toppings?
- 10 Must-Have Meal Prepping Tools
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss – Can meal prepping really help you lose weight?
- Easy Snack Box Meal Prep
- Italian Couscous Salad Meal Prep
- Healthy Cobb Salad
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 0.5 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup egg whites
- In a large pot over high heat add in water, milk, oats, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Stirring occasionally until the oats have absorbed all the liquid has become thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Next, turn the heat down to low and add in the maple syrup, stir to combine.
- Slowly whisk the oatmeal while you pour in the egg whites so that the egg doesn’t cook in clumps. It will blend right into the oatmeal.
- Top with chopped apples, pecans, or dried cranberries.
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 5 servings
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 310
- Total Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: 107.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 57.8g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 23.9g
- Protein: 9.2g