Roasted Sausage and Veggies
Roasted Sausage and Veggies
I used to make spicy Italian sausage with roasted veggies, however, the sausage we were eating was too high calorie for me to make work once my calorie allowance dropped below 2000 calories a day. When I stopped making it, I never bothered to find a lower calorie option, until now! I craved sausage again a few weeks ago and it just so happened that Ryan and I took the girls on our monthly(-ish) Costco shop. While we wandered down an aisle it caught my eye. A whole bunch of varieties of chicken sausage! Of course, why hadn’t I thought of chicken instead of pork? It’s so simple! There were a few different kinds, but I decided on the Freybe Smoked Turkey and Chicken Sausages. They are only 120 calories each as opposed to the Kirkland Italian sausage that we used to buy, clocking in at 300 calories each!
Next, I needed to decide what kind of veggies I wanted with the sausage. Since the sausage was mild and smokey I wanted sweet potatoes, and butternut squash to add sweetness. I wanted Brussels sprouts and broccoli because I hadn’t eaten them in a while, and I always like to have something green. Of course, LOTS of garlic because who doesn’t love roasted garlic?! So now all I needed to do was to quickly chop the veggies and sausage, toss with some oil, salt, and pepper to keep it simple. Then, throw the mixture onto two baking sheets with silicone mats for easy cleanup. Pop it in the oven, and do my clean up while it cooked!
I really like this recipe for Sunday nights since its quick, and that’s always the goal on Sunday! It took me an hour and a half from beginning to end. Including cooking and cleaning up! Also, I was surprised how filling it was, the sweet potato, and butternut squash left me very satisfied! This one is going in the rotation for sure.
I hope you’ll try it!
WANT MY FREE MEAL PREP ESSENTIALS LIST AND GROCERY SHOPPING WORKSHEET PRINTABLES? CLICK HERE!
Easy Sausage and Roasted Veggies
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1 red onion cut into large pieces
- 1 head garlic peeled
- 1 butternut squash peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1 crown broccoli trimmed, cut into florets
- 10 brussels sprouts trimmed, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sausages use any kind you like, I used Freybe Turkey and Chicken Sausage
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Prepare all the veggies and put them all into a large bowl. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide the veggies onto two sheet pans and spread out evenly. Slice the sausages and scatter over the veggies.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 6 Servings
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 360
- Total Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Sodium: 1144mg
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 23.9g