Turkey Pasta Bake – 437 Calories
This week, I decided to meal prep by cleaning out my pantry/freezer. I had a bunch of half-empty boxes of pasta to use up especially. I also had some frozen ground turkey, a giant block of cheddar, some cans of tomato sauce and a few random veggies to use. We are going away for Easter weekend so I also wanted to make enough portions to have for the start of next week as well. The last thing I want is to come home and have to meal prep! So, I grabbed my ingredients and decided to make a cheesy turkey pasta bake. I kind of winged it but it turned out so yummy and it was definitely a quick recipe. This one was a crowd pleaser for sure, even the kids liked it! I will be making this one again for sure.
So, give this one a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Blackened Chicken
- 10 Must-Have Meal Prepping Tools
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss – Can meal prepping really help you lose weight?
- Easy Snack Box Meal Prep
- Italian Couscous Salad Meal Prep
Turkey Pasta Bake
- 400 g pasta (i used a mixture of rotini, shells, and macaroni)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 400 g onion chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 tsp italian herb blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 100 g cheddar shredded (could sub mozzarella instead)
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- Preheat oven to 350. Follow the directions on the package to prepare your pasta. Cook it a few minutes short because we will be baking the pasta at the end. When your pasta is done drain in a colander.
- While the pasta cooks prep your veggies and weigh them for your calorie counts later and set aside.
- In a large pot, on medium heat brown the ground turkey until cooked through about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon scoop out the turkey and set aside. Add your garlic and onions and cook until translucent about 3 minutes. Add your carrot and red pepper and cook, stirring often for another 3 minutes.
- Next, add back the cooked ground turkey, the tomato sauce, Italian herb blend, salt and pepper and stir. Once combined, put a lid on the pot and turn the heat to low. Allow the sauce to cook for 15 minutes.
- While you wait for the sauce put your pasta in a baking dish, make sure there is enough room to add sauce, you don't want it to overflow in the oven! When the sauce is done pour half over the pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the top of the pasta mixture. top with shredded cheddar and parmesan and bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes
- Once the pasta is done baking remove from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving or portioning into containers.
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 8 Servings
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 437
- Total Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 61.5mg
- Sodium: 1016.9mg
- Carbohydrates: 58.5g
- Fiber: 10.6g
- Sugar: 13.8g
- Protein: 24g